Gear processingIt is a very important component in the automotive industry, and the gear set in the gearbox is its core component.Therefore, in the production process of gearboxes, it is very important to ensure the accuracy of gears in gear processing.Transmission gears require a series of excellent mechanical properties such as high strength, high wear resistance, high fatigue strength and high toughness.In order to make the gear have the above-mentioned performance, the heat treatment of the gear is an indispensable part of the gear processing.
1. The traditional heat treatment process of gear processing
At present, the gas carburizing and quenching process is widely used in the heat treatment of gears in the automobile industry, but this traditional gas carburizing process has many disadvantages, such as:
(1) A large amount of raw material gas is required during carburizing, and most of the raw material gas that passes through needs to be purified and burned, which generates a large amount of greenhouse gases and pollutes the environment.
(2) For batch heat treatment, the gears need to be placed on the rack.Generally speaking, the weight of the rack accounts for 30% to 40% of the furnace load, causing the rack to consume a lot of energy during the heating and cooling process.
(3) During the carburizing process, due to the uniformity of the atmosphere and temperature, the initial carburizing time is inconsistent, resulting in the uniformity and repeatability of the gear carburized layer, and the service life of gear processing and its own cost greatly increase the gear’s Carburizing cost.
(4) The traditional process requires a post-cleaning process, which reduces efficiency and increases cost.
(5) In mass production, gears at different positions undergo different processes during heating, carburizing, and cooling, resulting in different deformations of each gear.
Controlling the deformation of each gear is a very important indicator in the heat treatment process, because the deformation has a great impact on the accuracy and strength of the gear and other quality indicators.In order to improve the accuracy of gears, grinding steps need to be added after gear processing and heat treatment. Large deformations will increase the grinding workload, increase high maintenance costs, and reduce production efficiency.